I spent the last two months rebuilding a couple of old 3D printers I had. It probably would have been easier to just buy new, but I hadn’t gotten the money out of these ones, so it became kind of a personal crusade on my part. At least I learned quite a bit.
I needed a coax patch panel. Wanted something instead of a switch. The only one I could find was from MFJ and even they didn’t have them in stock.
So I cut one out using my laser cutter from acrylic. So far it is holding up, and it looks great. I might have to make some of these. What do you think?
Started a new project. I am building a Fender 5E3 Clone. This should be fun.
Finally, we finish the Hallicrafters S-40 and ship it back to Arthur. I am really sorry it took so long, I hope they enjoy it.
In this video we show the S-40 with the dials mounted and the sensitivity switch replaced. We also show some other projects that have slowed the progress on the S-40.
In this episode we re-mount components on the top of the chassis and wire them in underneath. Then we trouble shoot voltages and finally it comes alive!
In this episode, we check the caps and shotgun the resistors. Sorry about the audio, I need to find out what is causing the ringing noise.
In this episode we clean the chassis. Removing grime and corrosion accumulated over 60 years.
Progress is made on the K1SVC Hallicrafters S-40.
This video shows the tear down of the chassis. We remove the IF Cans, Power Transformer and Variable Tuning Capacitor.
We take on another Hallicrafters restoration. This time an S-40. Most of the restoration will be cosmetic on this one, but we will have to check some resistors and replace some electrolytics.
This video gives an overview of the condition of the unit and I also show a S-40B that we will be working on at the same time.